There once was a Young Idealistic Baker
Who was a fantastic cupcake maker
She'd whip up some treats
And once baked with beets
This girl was a true diet breaker
It's not a St. Patty's Day theme per say, but I wanted to very quickly try my hand at some Irish Limerick making this morning before wandering around Boston with my visiting friends and showing them my city.
Before we head out, I couldn't resist sharing the cupcakes we're snacking on this week. I'm calling these Mint Cheesecake Cupcakes the Minty Leprechauns.
Happy St. Patty's Weekend!
The Minty Leprechauns (A Young Idealistic Baker original recipe)
Makes 3 dozen regular cupcake
- 12-15 Mint Oreos
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Mint chips, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line cupcake tins
- In a food processor, mix together Oreos and melted butter until mixture can hold together
- Spoon a bit of the mixture into each cupcake liner and pat it down to form a crust
- Bake crusts for about 3-5 minutes and remove from oven to cool
- Mix cream cheese with sugar
- Add cooled melted mint chips and beat together until incorporated
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs one at a time, and mix until everything is just incorporated
- Evenly distribute among cupcake liners and bake until set (about 13-15 minutes for mini cupcakes or 17-20 minutes for regular sized cupcakes)
Note: If you don't have Green Mint Chips, use white chocolate chips, a little mint extract and add some green food coloring!
Happy Baking and St. Patty's!