Actually not pretending anything - it really is the weekend! I've just been listening to Jack Johnson and am unable to shake the lyrics from my head.
Blizzard aside, it's been a fairly mellow weekend. Alright, I can't breeze over it that quickly. For anyone outside of New England, we had a huge snow storm — Nemo — hit us with about three feet of snow. It snowed for well over 24 hours and wind threatened to knock out the power (luckily, our power held strong).
I watched it happen from my kitchen window.
And so yesterday, I sat around watching TV and baking banana pancake muffins. I chose to make my pancakes in mini muffin form because I knew I'd wind up with too many for just my roommate and me to eat, and baking them as mini muffins made them more portable so I could bring them to a friend's for our second ever "weekly" card game event.
Now, I'm back on my couch, watching the Grammy's and polishing off the last lone pancake muffin.
Banana Pancake Mini Muffins (adapted from Bakerella)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 very ripe or defrosted frozen banana
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl
- In another bowl, stir milk, egg, banana, syrup and melted butter until just combined
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter evenly among greased muffin tin
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and serve with extra syrup