On any given day, I can come up with a number of reasons NOT to bake:
- I’m tired
- I’d rather do something else
- It’s too hot to turn on the oven
- I’d have to go to the store to buy some ingredient
- I’d have to stay up late to finish baking
- I’d have to wake up early to photograph the final result
However, sometimes despite my best efforts, I cannot come up with a reasonable excuse. Sometimes there is a bowlful of very ripe fruit on the verge of going bad if I don’t act immediately. Sometimes I get hit with a craving so strong that nothing else seems as important as quickly satisfying the desire. Sometimes there is half a batch of frosting leftover from another recipe that is begging to be given a new canvas to rest on.
These Vegan Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies came to life one evening thanks to one very ripe avocado on the counter and half a batch of the Mint and Lime Buttercream Frosting that topped the very delicious and subtly boozy Mojito Cupcakes.