Dash into the kitchen, whip up this Raspberry Mug Cake, and sit back down before the show starts up again. Seriously. Move, move, move!
This super simple mug cake is a basic white cake, spruced up with fresh berries. I opted for raspberries, but any berries should do.
It's berry simple, and berry delicious!
My apologies, no more puns... today.
Raspberry Mug Cake (adapted from Kirbie's Cravings):
- 1 egg
- 5 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5-6 raspberries
- Break an egg into a coffee mug and whisk with a fork
- Add all other ingredients and stir with a fork until batter is smooth
- Drop in berries
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes
- If the cake feels sticky and doughy, microwave for an additional 30 seconds
- Serve warm
Note: If you use a standard sized coffee mug like I did, your cake will likely explode/spill over the edges. I recommend using an oversized coffee mug if you've got it!
Now hurry up back to your show - the commercial break is over!