Some things just mesh well together: Peanut Butter and Jelly, Chips and Dip, Corona and Lime.
When I found a recipe a while back for Corona Blondies, I knew I had to adapt it to incorporate lime. The bars came together in no time at all, and I brought them to a group of people who mesh together even better than the flavors — some of my best friends and old roommates!
These treats are almost like a cross between dense blondies and fluffy cake, and the citrus and beer flavors shine through nicely. They almost lasted a whole weekend, but self-restraint was just too lacking. Well worth it!
Corona and Lime Blondies (adapted from Scarletta Bakes):
Makes about 20 squares
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Corona beer (I used Corona Light since it's all I had)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon salt
- zest from 2 limes
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking pan liberally with cooking spray and set aside
- Mix together sugar and lime zest and let sit for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and lime sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and lime juice and beat until all incorporated
- Mix salt with flour and alternate adding flour mixture and beer until both are incorporated
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting
Baby, will you be my corona and lime???