Pumpkin Pie Spice consists of some variation of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and/or cloves.
I followed the directions from Joy the Baker and made a small amount of Pumpkin Pie Spice to have on hand for a series of Pumpkin recipes I can't wait to try.
Pumpkin Pie Spice (Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker):
Makes about 2 Tablespoons
|Half a nutmeg after grating!|
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- optional: 1 pinch cardamon (I omitted this)
- Blend spices together, stirring out any lumps, and store in an air-tight container